E-commerce Website Design
That’s Profitable, Secure and Easy to Use
As the website owner, you’ll be measuring the success of your e-commerce site in dollars and cents. This can be very satisfying since you see that money go directly into your bank account.
Proper e-commerce web design is critical to the success of your e-commerce business.
Like any other website, e-commerce web design is focused on the need to build traffic and convert those visitors into buyers. However, e-commerce web design must address other important issues such as security, merchant accounts, and gateway integration. The Webs We Weave has experience in all of these areas.
There are three primary ways your e-commerce web design can affect the results you receive:
- Product pages must be interesting to look at.
- The shopping cart must be easy to use.
- There must be other features like product search, account history, shipping options, etc. available.
Product pages must look interesting
There is no doubt the design of your product pages will affect your sales results. Additional product images and more product information about each of your products will result in more success. Managing this additional information with ease requires an easy-to-use content management system. Our system allows you to include:
- Multiple images for each product
- “Zoom” image feature
- Multiple varieties and options (Sizes, colors, etc.)
- Customer reviews
- Related product suggestions
- Quantity discounts
- Coupon redemption
- Custom “out of stock” messages
Easy to use shopping cart and checkout process
- Maximizing conversions (the percentage of visitors who become customers) is the primary goal of our shopping cart and checkout process. We utilize the best technologies to insure your visitors remain pleased with their shopping experience right up to and through checkout. For example:
- Visitors are able to continue shopping after adding a product to their cart.
- A mini-cart is always visible on the page so visitors are aware of how many items are currently in their cart.
- The checkout process is quick and simple.
Other features are easily accessible
In order to insure your visitors’ shopping experience is gratifying, our e-commerce sites typically include such features as:
- Product search boxes
- Account creation and login for customers
- Order history, order status checks, and wish lists
- Gift certificate redemption
- Shipping options
- Coupons and promotional codes
- Sales (fixed amount or percentage off a particular item or a category of items).
Real-time reporting on your online store’s activity is critical for success. We provide you with comprehensive reporting, such as:
- Sales Reports – View orders by the day, week, month or year. View by product, order status and other variables.
- Website Traffic reports – Within the website itself and with Google Analytics.
If you are interested in reading more about this subject, read “Fundamental Guidelines Of E-Commerce Checkout Design” by Christian Holst.